The current issue of The Atlantic Indexer is now available. If you’re not getting it by email and you want to, please let Meghan know — email@example.com.
It’s nomination time! I’m looking for nominations (or volunteers) for our upcoming chapter elections. Our profession is a service industry — not just in the nature of the work we provide, but also the nature of our interaction with each other. I am confident each of us has received help to fellow indexers over the course of our careers, and working on behalf of the chapter is a way to give a little back.
- The Chair-Elect shall perform the following duties:
- Preside, in the absence of the Chair, at all meetings of the Chapter, the Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Become Chair for the unexpired term in case of death, resignation or incapacity of the Chair.
- Serve in such capacities as assigned by the Chair.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall perform the following duties:
- Take and record accurate minutes of the proceedings of all meetings of the Chapter, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Preserve in a permanent file all records and letters of value to the Chapter and its officers.
- Send out a ballot or notification of electronic ballot for annual election of officers.
- Have charge of all monies of the Chapter and report thereon at all meetings.
- Apply for and receive the per member allotment of the local Chapter from the Treasurer of ASI for activities on the local level.
- Upon written or electronic authorization by the Chair, request payment of bills by ASI or its representative from Chapter funds.
- Keep an itemized record, in a permanent file, of all receipts and expenditures.
- Deliver, within 2 weeks after expiration of term of office, all books, records, and papers to the newly elected Secretary-Treasurer, requesting a receipt thereof.